The Provincetown Theater, a non-profit dramatic arts organization, seeks an efficient and organized individual for the position of Theater Manager. This is a year-round position with flexible hours. The number of hours worked vary based on programming and will most likely be increased in the summer months and lessened in the winter months. Starting salary is $30K. This position reports the Board President with extensive interaction with the Board Treasurer.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working and managing an organization, preferably a non-profit.
- Working knowledge of the theater arts and production.
- Experience working in a diverse, high pressured environment.
- Ability to work with QuickBooks, Excel, graphic software and web promotion, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising, organizational development and working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Possess a professional, mature attitude with excellent communication skills and the ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Represents the Theater and interfaces with all vendors, contractors, accountants, government agencies, actors, patrons and donors.
- Supervises all part-time box office staff.
- Works closely with the Board Treasurer on financials and accounting for the organization. Assists accountants in all financial & legal documents, archival of taxes and legal information. Interfaces with the Board of Directors as needed.
- Create Annual Budget and assists in the creation of production budget projections
- Maintain Books; Handling of cash flow; deposits, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing
- Generation of all financial reports to Board, which includes providing input and recommendations.
- Creation of contracts, assists in creating and overseeing production budgets
- Manage the operations of physical building, annual inspections, licenses; Communicates with vendors and scheduling repairs
- Maintain inventory & purchasing
- Interview, train, schedule, and support staff in concert with the Board.
- Payroll Liaison; Equity paperwork;
- Box Office Ticketing systems, reception, customer service, promotions, office supplies
- Marketing, in-house graphic designer, coordinate ad placement
- Works with the board on press releases, web & print calendars
- Update and maintain website and ticketing
- Print advertisements, posters, rack cards, social media
- Season program and ad space, sponsorships
- Assist with Development, maintain mailing lists, appeal letters, thank you letters; carry out grant requirements; Assists the BOD in planning of fundraising events
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Mail: The Provincetown Theater (attn: David Wilson) P.O. BOX 625 Provincetown, MA 02657
Apply By Friday, April 13, 2018
The Provincetown Theater is an equal opportunity employer